Summer Items Wrap


Last time I shared with you some of the few things I got during Spring, and I thought it would be nice to put together some Summer closet items that would be great to have on sunny days. As some might or might not know, online shopping is my second favorite hobby after eating. I can litterally stay up all night looking at clothes and shoes, or scroll down Sephora app for hours and hours. Even my sister gives me the 'Again?!' look whenever I tell her I'm doing some online shopping. That goes to show. So here I decided to wrap up all the cool summery things I found online lately, hoping you can find some inspiration from it. Beware, this is going to be one long post, with loads of pretty gorgeous pieces. Enjoy!



TOPS


One thing I love about bodysuits is that you don't need to worry about your tee poking out of your jean when you sit down. I instantly fell in love with this beautiful back-crossed coral body from Topshop that would look amazing with a pair of mom's jean. Bardot and off-shoulder tops also seem to be trendy again this summer, especially if you pair it with the embroidered trend like this cute top. I personnally love this Zara red gingham one that would look ultra-lovely to wear on picnic dates, or this adorable avocuddle graphic tee from StyleNanda which would also be great when sharing a sandwich or two. For cooler days, this blue kimono or this pale pink corduroy vest from Native Youth would be perfect as stylish cover-ups.



BOTTOMS



I confess I have a thing for large culottes pants. How can you not when it's gingham AND ruffle on waist, like this super duper chic one from Topshop? Or the striped version of it? Or this pretty, pink slipt on sides one? These are just the perfect pants to be chic on sunny summer days. These frilled black culottes with front zip are also a classy piece for going-outs, so let's not feel guilty. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'll probably netflix at home half of the time, eating potato crisps and melon cubes because it's too hot outside. For this kind of day, a cool patterned short like this Zara daisy green one and a plain tank top are all you need. With no bras.



DRESSES



I've been looking for some denim pieces lately, just to have the cool, energetic look of a young adult on holidays, I guess. So obviously I have been wanting to own a classic black denim dress, and I quite very like this one from ASOS as it has strapes and V-neck, which is cute to wear on top of a white tee. Now, doesn't this jumpsuit from Native Youth make you want to go near a river, ride a bike and eat ice cream? Because I DO. I am also in love with this beautiful, green floral two-pieces set from Style Nanda, the cut is just perfect for vintage vibes lovers, add a cute hairband and some round black sunnies and you'll totally rock. I also like this lavender off-shoulder dress from Topshop, also available in pink, blue and yellow (and much more, probably), it's an easy way to color up your looks, and if the statement ''the brighter the better'' works for you, this Zara long orange dress seems the most comfortable of all. Lastly, my eyes got caught by this deep green velvet half-off dress, if you're involved into some chic night parties it is certainly one gorgeous piece to own!



SWIMWEAR / BEACH ITEMS

 


Even if I'm 150% more of a pool kind of girl when it comes to swimming, I also freakin' love beaches. Who doesn't? Just walking on the hot sand, looking at the blue, shimmering sea, there's something so enjoyable and relaxing about it. And it is the perfect occasion to wear some leisure beachwear which is honestly one of the coolest thing. This gorgeous floral tent dress from Cult Gaia looks like a summery watercolor drawing and is certainly the greatest piece for beach walks. This striped light blue dress also seems nice put on after a day at the pool. Talking swimsuits, I was planning on buying this cute multicolor striped one from Zara but unfortunately it is now out of stock. I just love the knotted details on each side and how the back is showing. Too bad.

I'll have more accessories detailed below but I had to mention these two items here as they are great buddies to have on beach journeys. First being this super cute peach portable charger from Skinnydip. It has the cutest drawing for summer and the handy size allows you to put it even in small pouches, always ready to help if you run out of battery. The other item is the Intax mini 9, the latest version of Fujifilm's famous polaroids, coming in 5 vibrant to icy new colors, which now has a close-up lens-attachment and a small mirror to take selfies. Polaroids are definitely a good way to capture the sweetest memories of summer on paper so this is the perfect right time to get one.



SHOES





Pretty nothing is more exciting that getting new shoes in summer. There're so many style, so many textures, so many colors to play with. I certainly am the biggest New Balance lover on Earth, so it's no surprise I added these beautiful beige one top of the list, this is a nice and easy color to match with any other items. Trust me, New Balance are just the comfiest shoes in the world. Really. A pair of classic Authenticblack Vans is also always nice to own, it gives a freakin' cool look when matched with a long skirt or denim dress. I have been attracted by a lot of mint items recently, so when I saw these sandals from & Other Stories, I had to add them here. I also find these black leopard print flat mule quite fun without being too excentric and it would go well with any pair of denim. Now if you want to add some color to your feet, these beautiful blue pointed slip-on from COS might catch your heart, as well as these lovely orange mule from Topshop that look super comfy. For something even brighter, these COS yellow pumps have a lovely bow detail that can be clipped off, or these V-cut orange slides from Zara might also catch everybody's attention.



ACCESSORIES / BAGS


 

This is definitely the hit item of summer 2017, the beautiful Gaia's Ark bag from Cult Gaia. I've been seeing dozens of fashion bloggers, models, instagrammers carrying it, and I agree this is one very gorgeous piece. I'd my eyes on it since last winter and longly hesitated if I should or should not buy it – and when my answer was a clear 'yes', it had already become too famous that it was only available on pre-orders for July. I love the natural, small size one the best as it has the perfect adventurous yet stylish summer look, but I also love the Mother of Pearl white one and the newest Pink Acrylic Ark (note that they are a hundred bucks more expensive than the original one). Tote bags are also convenient for summer – and pretty much any other time of the year – and this 100% Human tote from Everlane is a piece I really want to add to my closet. Their whole 100% Human collection is worth taking a look at on their site, as support of Pride and Equality. This striped multicolor shopper bag from Mango might also be great for one day-trips, with a classic bucket hat like this one from Style Nanda. Also, did I tell you I deeply fell in love with these stunning pink sunglasses from Gentle Monster? Because Ugh, how I want them. And the yellow version of it, too. It is unfortunately out of stock – even on the Korean site, so I cross fingers it might still be available in stores or back in stock soon.



BEAUTY PRODUCTS



As a beauty lover, I couldn't finish this post without a little put-together of cool skincare and makeup products that look awesome for summer. And I have a lot. I am quite obcessed with sun protection, so when this L'Occitane en Provence SPF25 lipbalm in apricot tint came in store, I knew I had to buy it – I believe orange tint is the loveliest in summer. I also kept an eye on this Peony brightening UV shield sunscreen from Fresh and the Dream screenface sunscreen from Benefit cosmetics. For makeup, I picked up the Dandelion twinkle highlighting powder, you just want a light, glowly skin on sunny days, and this 3CE yellow eye shadow because there's something in it that instantly makes you happy. If you love coconut scent like I do, give these guys a try – the Coconut ceramide mask from Too Cool For School, easy to add to summer skincare routine, and I got intrigued by this Topanga Body Soufflé from & Other Stories, a rich-pampering whipped body cream that seems incredibly soft and light, with a coconut and pineapple fragrance. Last item will be the Mask of Magnaminty from Lush because we're pretty much all obcessed with its fresh mint scent.



Thank you for reading until here!
Hope you enjoyed this post and I see you in the next one


xx


Follow me on Instagram (@heowesmeacoffee) for more food and summer related contents,
including stories of my upcoming Japan, Taiwan and Korea trip..!

Comments

Popular Posts